Easton 52, Phillipsburg 50 — Rapid Recap After leading Phillipsburg for the first 15 minutes and 38 seconds of the second half -- and for most of the first half, too -- the Easton boys basketball team needed some heroics in the final 22 seconds Monday night to pull out the win.
They were delivered from a freshman as Ryan Boylan drained a 3-pointer with eight seconds left in regulation to lift the Red Rovers to a win over the Stateliners at Phillipsburg High School.
But the Red Rovers brought the ball back down the floor and senior guard Arnel Lewis drove inside before kicking it out to Boylan, who calmly caught and shot the three from the wing as it found nothing but nylon with eight seconds left.
The Stateliners called a timeout with 5.
- The field hockey team blasted Colgate at home on Saturday behind two goals and two assists from Kaelyn Long, and now the Bison have a massive game at Lafayette on tap this Saturday.
- John R. Reed and Marjorie Cherry Reed.
- Posted on August 09, View daily Pennsylvania weather Looking for the premiere dance studio in the Lehigh Valley?
- File photo By Rudy Miller For lehighvalleylive.
Boylan secured the rebound as Easton escaped with the win. Arnel Lewis chipped in 11 points in the win. Manigault dropped a game-high 18 points for Phillipsburg while Jayshawn Grant and Jermaine Knight each had 11, helping to make the second-half comeback.
What it means: Easton grabbed a big win — both for bragging rights and in terms of its District 11 playoff chances, moving to and one win away from securing a postseason berth.
- Easton arts academy news Try a free class today!
- Easton The 2 Sports Challenge Series between cross river rivals Phillipsburg and Easton came to an end this past weekend.
- A two-volume set that Choice magazine hailed as a most important resource in its November issue, this revised edition features the most up-to-date statistical data available to guide students in making a smart yet practical decision in choosing the university or college of their dreams. In addition, the set serves as an indispensable reference source for parents, college advisors, educators, and public, academic, and high school librarians.
- Lehigh valley live easton arts academy By Simon Alvarez Posted on January 19, School officials began making their calls Wednesday, as Arctic air gripped the region in the wake of Tuesday's snowfall. Grades K-5 with full day Kindergarten.
- High School seniors will head off from their high school football careers knowing that they never fell to their most heated rivals.